Service Desk Engineer
As a Service Desk Engineer you will be responsible for providing remote support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This may include providing input to project plans and recommended improvements for a client’s network.
You will be responsible for the proactive maintenance of customers’ networks, making full use of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) systems in place.
You will be expected to provide feedback and assist the team leader to ensure your individual and team SLAs and KPIs are achieved.
You will carry out these works in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Answer support telephone calls and e-mails directly from the customer and work to a target of first time fix of all issues
- Record all works within the companies ticketing system ensuring that regular updates are placed on all assigned open tickets
- Prioritise and categorise tickets to provide efficient progression
- Ticket ownership end-to-end throughout its life cycle
- Escalate issues within the team in a timely manner and log calls with 3rd party companies
- Work to the contracted SLA’s, escalating potential failures within the team in a timely manner
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Account Manager
- Checking backups and escalating repeat failures to team leader
- Proactively identify issues before they arise as well as identifying any recurring tickets (i.e.) problems
- Aid in the creation and management of a technical Knowledge base and work closely within the team to increase technical knowledge and understanding of the business
- Achieve operational and quality standards
The Ideal Candidate
Aptitudes / Skills / Abilities:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills/written & verbal
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team
- Minimum 1 years experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP
- IP Addressing and routing
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware
- Proven track record of working on a remote technical support desk
About the Company
Who are CT?
We are a rapidly growing MSP with clients throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands. Having started life in 2002 we now have a team of 50 people operating out of a large, newly refurbished office in Chesterfield.
CT prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers as well as high levels of internal technical expertise which enables us to operate our own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
We are seeking enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team members to join in our journey with plans to double in size over the next five years.
Why join CT?
CT takes great pride in its high calibre of its team. We recognise the importance of every person within the business and as such are always looking for ways make our working environment as enjoyable as possible. So far we have:
- A large on-site car park
- Open plan, modern office space with breakout areas and quiet rooms for flexible working
- A large social hub to relax and have a coffee with friends or enjoy a game of pool or Playstation
- Weekly HIIT sessions provided by The Fitness Truck for those who want to challenge their body as well as their mind
- A mental health in the workplace training and awareness programme available to all
- An informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where we recognise and reward effort and achievement
- An active formal and informal social calendar with Escape Rooms, Go-Karting and curry evenings being particular favourites
- Last but not least, Woodstock, our chilled out office dog!