As a Project Engineer, you will implement a wide range of technical solutions for customers - both new & upgrades of existing IT infrastructure, such as installation, migration and troubleshooting for solutions including server infrastructures, network infrastructure, cloud and telephony platforms.
You will become the preferred engineer to a set of specified client accounts within CT.
You will work closely with the Operations Manager, Technical Architect, and Tech Pre-sales to ensure all projects are delivered efficiently to the customer’s satisfaction.
This role involves, accurate, regular operational and time reporting. Working proactively on your own initiative and closely with the Operations Manager in a fast moving industry to deliver engineering/implementation services in an effective manner and within SLA.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- To deliver highly technical solutions across a wide spectrum of environments
- Work closely with the customer to provide a successful relationship and excellent customer service
- Deliver IT Projects in a timely manner, meeting agreed timescales
- Provide regular, accurate and concise updates to the customer
- Set up and maintain the customer documentation for each client to ensure knowledge is shared across the business
- Provide input during project planning stage that may benefit from customer knowledge
- Attend client meetings as a technical advisor
- Work with all areas of the business to deliver a successful project
- Record all works within CT’s ticketing system ensuring that regular updates are placed on all assigned open tickets
- Prioritise and categorise tickets to provide efficient progression
- Ticket ownership end-to-end throughout its life cycle
- Logging calls with 3rd party companies
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Account Manager
- Proactively identify issues before they arise as well as identifying any recurring tickets (i.e.) problems
- Aid in the creation and management of a technical Knowledge base
- Provide technical training or assistance to other members of staff as and when required
- Support and follow processes to provide a consistent approach to customer service and within the team
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times when representing the business
- Work to the agreed KPI’s set (individually/team)
- Deal with other issues or requests required by the business
The Ideal Candidate
Aptitudes / Skills / Abilities:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills/written & verbal
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works
- Excellent customer service
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Remain calm and punctual under pressure
- A strong customer service attitude
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience, ideally in an IT environment
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in an Implementation role
- Formal Microsoft Accreditation
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware
- Strong Networking knowledge with multiple technologies
About the Company
Who are CT?
We are a rapidly growing MSP with clients throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands. Having started life in 2002 we now have a team of 50 people operating out of a large, newly refurbished office in Chesterfield.
CT prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers as well as high levels of internal technical expertise which enables us to operate our own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
We are seeking enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team members to join in our journey with plans to double in size over the next five years.
Why join CT?
CT takes great pride in its high calibre of its team. We recognise the importance of every person within the business and as such are always looking for ways make our working environment as enjoyable as possible. So far we have:
- A large on-site car park
- Open plan, modern office space with breakout areas and quiet rooms for flexible working
- A large social hub to relax and have a coffee with friends or enjoy a game of pool or Playstation
- Weekly HIIT sessions provided by The Fitness Truck for those who want to challenge their body as well as their mind
- A mental health in the workplace training and awareness programme available to all
- An informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where we recognise and reward effort and achievement
- An active formal and informal social calendar with Escape Rooms, Go-Karting and curry evenings being particular favourites
- Last but not least, Woodstock, our chilled out office dog!
Sheffield Business Awards Employer of the Year