As an Implementation Engineer you will be responsible for providing post sale implementation, break/fix on-site support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This will include implementing new on-site and remote installation works and carrying out on-site break fix works when required.
You will also be required to carry out regular, routine onsite scheduled visits to provide a proactive approach to our service delivery programme.
Our Implementation Engineer's are expected to carry out work in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience to meet customer’s expectations. You should be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times taking ownership of situation until resolution has been achieved.
This role involves, accurate, regular technical and time reporting. Working proactively on your own initiative and taking ownership of workloads while delivering high levels of communication either internally or externally to customers.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Work closely with the customer to provide a successful relationship and excellent customer service
- Strive to achieve first time fix for on-site, break fix works
- Assist to plan, install and close out new implementations in line with budget and to the customers’ satisfaction
- Provide end user, post implementation training where required
- Communicate clearly and professionally to customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority
- Record all works within CT’s ticketing system, and adhere at all times to CT’s Quality System and the documented processes and procedures
- Ticket ownership end-to-end throughout its life cycle
- Record all works completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Operations Manager and relevant customer Account Manager
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets
- Maintain internal controls and procedures providing recommendations for improvements where applicable
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times when representing the business
- Work to the agreed KPI’s set (individually/team)
- Deal with other issues or requests required by the business
- Achieve operational and quality standards
The Ideal Candidate
Aptitudes / Skills / Abilities:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills/written & verbal
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Excellent ownership skills
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP
- MCSA / MCSE
- IP Addressing and routing configuration and fault finding
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange / O365
- Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware
- IP Telephony Solutions
- Proven experience in working to timescales
- Proven track record of working on a field engineer team
What's in it for you:
We think our Implementation Engineers package is very competitive, you can expect:
- Salary of between £24,000 and £28,000 per annum depending on experience
- Company Car
- Realistic overtime earnings of £2,000 per annum (whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance!)
- Annual training and accreditation allowance and support
- Clear career progression routes with one of the UK's leading MSPs
There are many more reasons why we think you should join the CT team and just some of them can be found below.
About the Company
Who are CT?
We are a rapidly growing MSP with clients throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands. Having started life in 2002 we now have a team of 50 people operating out of a large, newly refurbished office in Chesterfield.
CT prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers as well as high levels of internal technical expertise which enables us to operate our own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
We are seeking enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team members to join in our journey with plans to double in size over the next five years.
Why join CT?
CT takes great pride in its high calibre of its team. We recognise the importance of every person within the business and as such are always looking for ways make our working environment as enjoyable as possible. So far we have:
- A large on-site car park
- Open plan, modern office space with breakout areas and quiet rooms for flexible working
- A large social hub to relax and have a coffee with friends or enjoy a game of pool or Playstation
- Weekly HIIT sessions provided by The Fitness Truck for those who want to challenge their body as well as their mind
- A mental health in the workplace training and awareness programme available to all
- An informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where we recognise and reward effort and achievement
- An active formal and informal social calendar with Escape Rooms, Go-Karting and curry evenings being particular favourites
- Last but not least, Woodstock, our chilled out office dog!
Sheffield Business Awards Employer of the Year